Thursday 24 December 2009

SWA Exeter Wave Event

The Exeter wave event had a massive forecast, and it did not disappoint. We all arrived Friday evening, had a couple of drinks, but went to bed early in anticipation of the next day. Up at 6am (the earliest a student event has ever been), and straight to Lyme Regis. Only about 10 of the 20-30 students went out as it was gusting 40-50 knots and over mast high sets were coming in, with no 'out back' to get to. I had a go on my smallest sail- 3.7! I definitely needed a 3 metre! We packed up at lunch to go to the competition beach (as the jet ski couldn't launch at Lyme). This time Exmouth. Still nuking, the wind didn't drop till late so we all went out anyway, and got some good jumping on the sand bar, until I managed to dislocate a finger-ouch! Anyway I still claimed a first as I was the only lady to go out! Despite being the windiest day of the year yet, I didn't manage to get any photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment