Monday 11 October 2010

The Big Swell! and some surfing...

Surfing testing the Go Pro on Stef's board.

Apparently I look like supermario according to Tom and Stef!?

Starboard tack with some wind! Lots of white water...

Me bottom turning...

Me getting munched in a close out!


Forward gone wrong, thought it was a funny photo!

My low backloop attempt...(which looks like a forward?!)


Heading in...

Tom:


So the last few days weren't quite what we expected... The big swell came and we were soo excited for some amazing riding but it turned out the waves were big and there was just sooo much white water! I think the southerly swell and wind don't work as well here as the northerly, which was really clean when we arrived. The southerly wind is cooler and even today, 4.7 weather, there were no windsurfers to be seen but us!-I think we are missing out on some secret spot?! We will have to find someone who speaks english and ask!! Anyway, without a car we made the most of it here. We went surfing the past two days, mainly for fitness as there was a lot of paddling! But tested the Go Pro and it worked pretty well! We have taken to putting the housing in the fridge before going out to pro-long its life before it mists up. The misting is pretty annoying...
So today was 4.7 weather for me, pretty intense and tiring as it was a long way to 'out back'! I decided on just gybing on waves on the inside as a few of them would reform. I was glad to hold on to one backloop attempt (* a little low) but was happy as the crash landing didn't hurt and I have been worrying about landing them since I did my foot! So all in all, bit of a messy, big day, but had loads of fun!
Tomorrow-offshore early morning so were getting up for a surf!

No comments:

Post a Comment